The world of sex toys has certainly evolved in the last ten years, from the times when you had to plug your vibrator into the wall! Now it can be a big, scary world of latex, ribbing, beads and silicone; it’s hard to know whether you’re buying a good all-rounder, or a niche toy that will only get pulled out once in a blue moon (or as a last resort). Today we check out the crème de la crème (yes, really) of sex toys… staples that should be in every guy, girl and couple’s toy box!
- Fleshlight These ultra-realistic sex toys are a true innovation lingerie sexy in male pleasure. The Fleshlight is definitely the Rabbit Vibrator of the male world!
- Rabbit-Style Vibrators We couldn’t just name drop like that without explaining for the ladies! Rabbit-style vibrators have a twisting or jiggling dildo-part, with an attached clitoral stimulator. You don’t necessarily need an original Rabbit brand to get the same feeling, it has been improved and explored in many different ways and at many different price tags.
- Warming lube Mmmm… the extra heat makes any sex toy you use with warming lube so much more realistic.
- Silicone lubeIt’s super long-lasting and silky smooth. Even an ordinary sex toy becomes an extraordinary experience with silicone lube – just be positive that you know what your toy is made of, because silicone lube will melt silicone toys.
- Remote control vibrating panties For the couple who have tried most things, remote control vibrating panties can give a whole new meaning to the term ‘come out and play’! Not necessarily an everyday item, but when you do hand control of your public orgasm over to your guy, you’ll create experiences not easily forgotten.
- Bondage kit Again, the bondage kit is a fantastic ‘special occasion’ sex toy for the couple who is completely comfortable exploring together. Look for toys that use rope rather than handcuffs… a lot less scary for beginners and much more comfortable and versatile.
- Oral sex simulators Oral sex simulators can be are slow, but are pretty mind-blowing! They come in various forms and most are a definite ‘editor’s choice’ sex toy. You need to use a lot of lube with them – choose a very good quality water based lube for these silicone toys.
- A good costume… There’s a reason that they say that your largest sexual organ is housed inside your skull… and no, it is not your tongue! Both girls and guys can have a lot of fun with costumes as non-traditional sex toys. Pick a character that you’ve always seen as sexy, and you feel you can role play well, and good times will abound!